lunes, 10 de noviembre de 2008

Sabiduría Rockera #1: Little Acorns

Howdy,

I know you ain't so many but my intention with this website is not to create a crowd attracting magnet or a similar creature. I'm more than OK if some of you take your time to check out the blog every now and then and leave some comment whenever you fancy. News are that I've not been able to finish the 2 posts that I've been writing due to my obsession in perfecting the content that I want to put on both... perhaps a lack of inspiration product of recent events I would rather not mention or too many earthly distractions. Yeah, I think it's some of both.

I'm aware most of you know me as a very famous procrastinator but the main reason I haven't finished these posts is because I've been very busy now that RAFA IS HERE and I've been spending time with him, so a post about my brother should be the next thing you'll find in this blog. One more reason for the lack of updates is that late at night, when I finally have some free time to work on "those two" the ideas in my head tangle up so I prefer to shut down the chiringuito and go to bed.

Nevertheless, I've decided to break off the "PAUSA" and give a little bit of life to this attempt of a blog. This is the first of a series of posts about stuff that I've found very interesting in rock music. For some reason everybody thinks the music they listen to is the best. I think exactly the same. So I really hope you'll like it or it cheers you up or whatever, here it goes...

LITTLE ACORNS

"When problems overwhelm us
and sadness smothers us,
where do we find the will
and the courage
to continue?

well the answer may come
in the caring voice of a friend,
a chance encounter with a book
or from a personal faith.

for Janet, help came from her faith
but it also came from a squirrel.



shortly after her divorce
Janet lost her father
then she lost her job
she had mounting money problems
but Janet not only survived
she worked her way out of
despondency
and now she says
"Life is good again."


how could this happen?
she told me that late,
one autumn day,
when she was at her lowest,
she watched a squirrel
storing up nuts for the winter
one at a time

he would take them to the nest
and she thought... "if that squirrel
can take care of himself
with the harsh winter coming on so can I".

once I broke my problems into small pieces
I was able to carry them,
just like those acorns...

...one at a time"

From the album Elephant by The White Stripes



BE LIKE THE SQUIRREL!



PS

5 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yo tambien pienso que la música que escucho es la mejor, but then again, you and I like the same music. So we are probably right!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. pues sí, estoy de acuerdo con vos!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Me parece extraño q tu blog de esta semana sea en inglés... Saludes a tu amigo! **wink, wink**

    ResponderEliminar
  5. si puedo voy a hacer posts en francés y catalán también =P y bueno deberías venir vos a Barcelona a darle los saludos en persona mejor. ^^

    ResponderEliminar